(Natasha) Amber Northey R.M.T.
What Is Massage Therapy?
Massage Therapy is a hands-on approach that manipulates the soft tissues of the body which includes muscles, connective tissue, tendons, ligaments and joints. The purpose is to both treat and prevent pain and discomfort that is associated with everyday life.
Cupping Therapy is an ancient form of alternative medicine in which the therapist uses special cups on your skin for a few minutes and creates a suction.
- Benefits : helps with pain, inflammation, range of motion, relaxation and well-being
Massage Therapy Can Help Treat
- Back/Neck Pain
- Muscle Stiffness
- Reduced Range of Motion
- Sciatic Pain
- Repetitive Strain Injuries
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Pain due to Arthritis
Myofasical Release Fascia is the layer of connective tissue that surrounds all muscles, organs and bones. It has the
strength of approximately 2 000 lbs per square inch! Myofascial release therapy is focused on decreasing adhesions, or sticky spots, in the fascia.
- Benefits : allows for more movement, flexibility, and healing potential.
HOT STONE MASSAGE
Hot stone massage combines the benefits of therotherapy (the use of heat applications), with
the strokes of massage to create a deep, relaxing and healing treatment.
The heat of the stones warms the skin, which allows for the absorption of moisturizing and
therapeutic oils or lotion, while simultaneously preparing the musculature of the body so the
therapist can work into the deeper muscle layers.
- Benefits of hot stone massage include:
- promotes deep muscle and tissue relaxation as well as calms the mind
- releases toxins from the muscles and eliminates wastes more quickly
- relieves pain in both muscles and joints as well as relieves muscle spasms
- improves circulation - helps to improve muscle function and promotes self healing
- improves lymph flow
- reduces stress, relieving mental and physical fatigue
- help to relieve congestion
- decreases tension in connective tissue which increases flexibility and range of motion
- balances the central nervous system
- Some conditions that may benefit from hot stone massage include:
- poor circulation
- chronic pain conditions
- chronic fatigue
- sore or strained muscles
- stress and anxiety
- multiple sclerosis